One of the most vital and popular fitness equipment in professional and household gyms is the Weight bench.
The presence of this one piece can help you explore a number of exercise options in your workout sessions.
If you are also looking for the best weight bench, this is a good place to get some valuable information and weight bench reviews.
NO GYM IS COMPLETE WITHOUT A WEIGHT BENCH
Having a good and comfortable weight bench for your fitness routine is vital for its successful outcomes. The weight bench allows you to perform a number of different exercises and creates a whole new set of challenges for you to achieve.
It is not significant whether you are a beginner or you have been a gym goer for years, enjoying variety in your workout sessions can bring more motivation and enjoyment in the whole process.
There are a number of different weight bench manufacturers in the health and weight lifting industry. From very popular brands to some new entries, the buyers have a large number of options to choose from. They vary in designs, features, manufacturing materials and even in their effectiveness of use. Some brands even rely on their repute in the sports goods industry to sell their products.
WHY DO YOU NEED A GOOD WEIGHT BENCH?
Selecting the right product for your workout can make a lot of difference in your exercises and their outcomes. A good product can enhance your capabilities and allow you to create better rounds of exercises that have the involvement of a greater number of body parts and related muscles.
This does not mean that you need to buy a very expensive machine. Coupled with other gym equipment like barbells and dumbbells, a most simple but reliable weight bench can do wonders for your muscle building and fitness.
HOW DO YOU SELECT THE RIGHT WEIGHT BENCH?
With so many possible options with brands, designs and types, selecting the right equipment for your needs can be a tricky and overwhelming task. Some important factors that you need to look into while comparing the various available products are:
TYPES OF BENCHES AVAILABLE ON THE MARKET
Currently there are different types of weight benches available on the market. The major variation occurs from the design. A weight bench can be:
• Fixed or Flat Weight bench
• Inclined at an angle
• Declined Weight Bench
• Adjustable Weight Bench
THE FACTORS FOR YOUR SELECTION
For making the right selection from the above types and various brands you need to consider the following factors:
1. The Positions Needed by You
It depends on the exercise that you plan to perform on the weight bench.
Currently the most popular choice in terms of position is the adjustable weight bench. This is because it provides a large number of options and positions that can be used without any hassle.
You can adjust the angles of the bench in more than 10 different ways.
2. The Weight you want to Lift
Select the best weight bench that can hold the weight you are planning to lift. With heavy lifters, low weight capacity benches are a big no. Using a bench that is not suitable for the given weight can be damaging for you and your body. Go through these weight bench reviews before making the final decision.
But for basic weight workouts, a simple low capacity weight bench would suffice.
3. Size of the Weight Bench
This is quite a simple factor of selection that depends on the size and height of the users. Taller than average heighted people often find it difficult to adjust themselves, comfortably, on a bench. You do not want a bench that is too short or too big.
Check out the actual dimensions and measurements of the weight bench and then get the picture whether it will be suitable for your workout or not. For professional gyms, go for an average sized machine.
4. Moving and Storing the Weight Bench
This is quite an important consideration especially if you are buying the weight bench for your home or office. If you plan to move it around to various places, then it should be light weight and able to adjust in smaller spaces.
Folding options help to ensure easy storage and portability of this gym equipment. So make sure to look into the folding options offered by the brand.
5. Looks of the Bench
Not a very important factor for many, but it cannot be ruled out totally as well. There are people who want their machines to be attractive and look interesting. Modern designs and good physical appearance can reduce the boredom from the workout sessions.
6. The Price
Undoubtedly one of the most important factors underlying our buying decision is the budget or price of the product. Different manufacturers are offering different types of products with a wide range of prices.
Compare the options according to their price and features and then check the match with your budget.
Review of the 5 Best Weight Benches On The Market
Top 5 options that are currently available on the market have been provided below. Each one of them has variations in design, make, type and utility. Keep in mind the factors discussed above and make a good investment for your workout needs.
1. MARCY SB-315 UTILITY FLAT BENCH
This is an amazing multi-purpose flat weight bench that offers a number of usage options. With compact size and easy maintenance, this bench is ideally suited for your basic strength training, exercises to tone your muscles and especially for abdominal crunches.
• It is comfortable with foam embedded bed and a firm support for your back
• It is rectangular designed with a compact size
• The weight capacity of this weight equipment is 300 pounds including the user’s weight
• Allows addition of extra weights and exercising bands to enhance your exercise sessions and improve the fats burning process of the body
• The metallic structure of the product has a powder coating that provides a long lasting durability to it.
The Marcy Utility flat bench is suitable for those who are at their beginner’s level of trainer. It is easy to install and takes only a few minutes to assemble. It is lightweight and can be carried around with ease and comfort. Coupled with other weights, it is best for various body exercises and workouts. For the available price range it is the most suitable product on the market.
2. UNIVERSAL 5 POSITION WEIGHT BENCH
- Adjustable bench offers five positions (-10, 0, 15, 30, and 45...
- Challenges your entire core and upper body
This is an adjustable weight bench that offers a larger variety of options for its users and buyers. Ideally suited for all types of strength building and muscle toning exercise, the Universal 5 position weight bench takes your workout to a higher level.
• It can be used in 5 different angles including -10, 0, 15, 30, and 45 degrees
• With its adjusting angles, it can be used for a larger number of exercises
• The bed of the bench has been lined with a firm but supportive foam material that adds to the comfort while working out
• It is sturdy and has enhanced stability to be used on different surfaces
• The weight capacity of the product is 430 pounds in total while user weight can be reached up to 250 pounds.
A product offered by a well reputed brand on the market, the Universal 5 position weight bench is best for both beginners and pros. It not just has good looks but is also very effective for a number of muscle and toning exercises. With a larger weight capacity, it is priced at a slightly higher side as compared with a flat bench.
3. BOWFLEX SELECTTECH 3.1 ADJUSTABLE BENCH
- Transform any space into a personal free weight fitness center
- Adjusts to four different positions for over 30 different...
It might be a little older version of the Bowflex fitness equipment but it offers are a large variety of features and functions in the price range it is offered for. Brought to you by one of the most reputable manufacturers of fitness and training equipment, the selecttech 3.1 adjustable bench is your ability for transformation of any place into a full fledge workout and weight training gym.
• The adjustable design of the product allows it to change four different positions or angles including -10, 0, 45 and 90 degrees
• It has a weight capacity of 300 pounds
• To diversify it into a declining angle, the product is equipped with a detachable brace that holds the legs down to allow easy exercise positions
• The comfortably cushioned seat gives the user the right posture support and allows performance of various positional exercises without any fears of damages
• The Bowflex SelectTech 3.1 comes with a warranty period of one year for the upholstery and for an unbelievable 15 year period for the frames of the product.
• With its compact and sleek design it can be stored in smaller spaces very easily.
For the price range it is offered at, it is a good bargain in terms of value and features provided.
4. BOWFLEX SELECTTECH 5.1 ADJUSTABLE BENCH
- Transform any space into a personal free weight fitness center
- Adjusts to six different positions, 17-degree decline to...
Like the previous product described, this adjustable weight bench has also been manufactured by an expert producer in the industry called Bowflex. Unlike the 3.1 model, the 5.1 offers a larger number of adjustments and positions.
• It can be adjusted into 6 different exercising positions or angles starting from -17, 0, 30, 45, 60 and 90 degrees.
• This product also makes easier declining positions and enables comfort in exercising by allowing the legs to be pulled down by the removable braces.
• The SelectTech 5.1 has an even longer warranty of frame that lasts for 30 years. For the upholstery the warranty period is the same as the other models i.e. one year.
• The seat is comfortably cushioned and has a better support for proper postures of exercise.
• It has a weight capacity of 400 pounds which is inclusive of the user
With these features the bowflex 5.1 is definitely ahead of the 3.1 model. It offers two more angles as well as more options for bringing in variations in your workouts. The price range is a little on the upside as compared to other products in this category. But with all the available features the bowflex 5.1 can act as a stand-alone gym for all your workout and strength building needs.
5. REP ADJUSTABLE BENCH - 1000 LB CAPACITY - FLAT/INCLINE/DECLINE – FID
Leading the professional gym equipment in the weight bench category, the Rep adjustable bench is highly recommended for the heavy duty workouts. With a huge weight bearing capacity, the equipment can be used by various levels of power lifters and professional trainers. You can couple it with other machines and tools like dumbbells, cages or power racks and make full workout sessions to enhance your muscles and tone your overall body.
• The weight lifting capacity of this massive product is 1000 pounds.
• The product can be adjusted into 7 laddering positions starting from -20 to 85 degrees
• It can be adjusted into 4 different seating positions as well
• The size of the bench pad is large and is comfortable to rest the back in a more relaxed manner.
• The machine has a height of 17.5 inches from the surface to the resting bed
• The vinyl coating is great for easy maintenance and avoiding any unnecessary wear and tear.
• The product comes with a decade warranty for the frame structures.
This product is not suited for home use. For professional trainers and fitness centers it will be a good addition.
By now you must have a clear picture about what all is being offered by the five top rated products in the weight bench category through weight bench reviews like this one. For those who are looking for the best weight bench for their home, the Bowflex 3.1 is the best suitable option.
It has the necessary positions needed for most workout trainings and is also falling in the cheaper price range. However for the more professional requirements the heavy duty.
Source: Wiry Body.