Preparing a keto-friendly meal should be considered fun and unnecessary hard labor. While Buffalo Chicken dip cannot be considered to be on the keto list, there are tricks to making it a keto meal that will sufficiently meet up to all the rules the keto diet lays down.
By simply adhering to the keto rules and using keto-friendly ingredients, you can make a delicious keto-friendly buffalo chicken dip that would tempt those not on keto.
You can then serve your prepared Buffalo Chicken dip with any low carbs vegetable, keto tortillas, or pork rinds of your choice for consumption.
- Does it matter what I use for dipping?
- What snacks can you use for your Buffalo Chicken Dip?
- Is premade Buffalo Chicken dip Keto?
- Standard Ingredients vs Keto-Friendly Ingredients for Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Nutritional Fact of Standard Recipe vs Keto Friendly Recipe
- Ways to Make Keto Friendly Buffalo Chicken Dip
Does it matter what I use for dipping?
While the dip is usually prepared in keto-friendly ways, using food items that are not found on the keto food list would offset all your carefulness and plan to remain keto with the meal. The carb count rises when you use high carbohydrates snacks like crackers or chips.
What snacks can you use for your Buffalo Chicken Dip?
To maintain your ketogenic lifestyle, you need keto-friendly snacks as dips for your Keto-friendly Buffalo Chicken Dip. Some of the snacks you can use are:
- Zucchini chips
- Keto quesadillas
- Kale chips
- Keto twist bread
- Keto salami and cheese chips
- Keto garlic bread
- Keto seed crackers
- Keto cheese chips
- Parmesan chips
- Keto Parmesan croutons
- Keto-friendly crackers or
- You can dig into your Buffalo Chicken Dip with your spoon and enjoy it with no snacks dipping.
Is premade Buffalo Chicken dip Keto?
One thing about premade Buffalo Chicken dip is the low-fat ingredients used in preparing it. Standard recipe and that of a pre-made dip lower the amount of fat used in its keto-friendly counterpart. These two (standard and pre-made) basically employ the use of unhealthy low-fat ingredients, while some mix in starch or flour to thicken the dip. For a completely keto-friendly dip, it is advised that you personally start your preparations from the scratch.
Standard Ingredients vs Keto-Friendly Ingredients for Buffalo Chicken Dip
The ingredients used in standard recipes slightly vary from those used in a keto-friendly dip preparation.
Ingredients for Standard Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe are:
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup of Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce (any brand of your choice)
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
Ingredients used in the preparation of a Keto-friendly Buffalo Chicken Dip are:
- 3 cups shredded chicken (cooked chicken breast)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup Buffalo Sauce (brand of your choice)
- 1/2 cup creamy Ranch salad dressing (any brand of your choice)
- 2 tbsp chopped green onions
- 2 tbsp chopped green onions (for garnishing)
- 1/3 cup blue cheese crumbles (for garnishing).
It is apparent from the listed ingredients above, you would have noticed some apparent variation in the food items to be used.
Nutritional Fact of Standard Recipe vs Keto Friendly Recipe
The nutritional fact for standard Buffalo Chicken dip per 2 tablespoon (2 TBSPS) of serving are:
- 61 calories
- 1 gram of carbohydrates
- 17 milligrams of cholesterol
- 3 grams of protein
- 216 milligrams of salt
- 2 grams of saturated fat and
- 5 grams of fat
While the nutritional fact for a keto friendly Buffalo Chicken dip per 2 tablespoon (2 TBSPS) of serving are:
- 144 calories
- 11.20 grams of fat
- 4.7 grams of saturated fat
- 36 milligrams of cholesterol
- 660 milligram of Sodium
- 2.5 grams of carbohydrates
- 3 milligrams of Dietary Fiber
- 1.1 grams of sugar and
- 7.8 grams of protein.
The significant difference is linked to the fact that a ketogenic diet plan favours foods that are low in carbs but fatty in nutritional fact.
Ways to Make Keto Friendly Buffalo Chicken Dip
There are 4 ways in which you can prepare your low carb, keto friendly Buffalo Chicken dip. They are:
- The Microwave: you soften the cream cheese in a medium-large microwave safe bowl or serving dish.you then mix in the creamy ingredients, then Buffalo sauce, until they are all mixed up properly. The next step is to add the shredded chicken into the mixed up cheese and mix. You heat in the microwave for two minutes and stir, then reheat for another two minutes or you can leave it in the microwave until the mixture is hot and bubbly with the cheese melting. After the bubbly stage, you stir well again and serve with any keto friendly snacks dipping of your choice.
- On The Stove-top: you melt the cream cheese in a pot or saucepan over low heat (there should still be lumps), then you mix in the shredded cheese to the creamy cheese and melt until the lumps no longer exist. For the next stage, you will mix in the creamy ingredients with the one on the stovetop before you add your Buffalo sauce and shredded chicken. Heat until the mixture is hot and bubbly. You should then stir well and serve into your desired snacks dippings.
- In The Oven: to make your Buffalo Chicken dip in the oven, you need to mix your softened cream cheese together with the creamy ingredients until they all blend together. Then you add the Buffalo sauce, and keep mixing it in until it is incorporated. The next step is to stir in the shredded chicken and grated cheese after which you place the dip into an oven safe serving dish or pan. Set the oven to bake at 350 degrees F. until the mixture is hot and bubbly. You then stir the dip and then serve with snacks dippings of your choice.
- In the Crock pot: you add the softened cream cheese and all other ingredients to be used into a crock pot. Cook on low for 2-3 hours or on high for 30 minutes to 1 hour or you can monitor it until the mixture is all hot and bubbly. Then you stir thoroughly, spoon the dip into a serving dish and serve with snacks dippings of your choice.
Buffalo Chicken keto Dip is an amazing keto friendly appetizer you can serve to a gathering consisting of keto dieters and non-keto dieters. It tastes delicious and is easily made with ingredients that are within reach (even if you are to get them from the grocery store). It is filling and fulfils all the laid down rules of keto and can be prepared in four ways which makes it easier for those with only one cooking means. When next you have your friends over for dinner, dazzle them with your Buffalo Chicken keto dip as the appetizer for the night.