5 Best Recumbent Bikes: Exercise Bikes For Your Home Gym Requirements
Best recumbent bikes are an exercise and fitness equipment that has been around in the industry for a very long time. It is very popular among fitness experts and can be found in all types of gyms and health centers.
Before buying it for yourself you need to have a look at the recumbent bike reviews like this one for making a better choice.
Table of Contents
Top Rated Recumbent Bikes
1. Schwinn 270 recumbent bike
2. Exerpeutic WORKFIT 1000 Desk Station Folding
3. Exerpeutic 900XL Extended Capacity Recumbent Bike
4. Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike
5. Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike with Resistance
Top 5 Best Recumbent Bikes | Top picks and reviews
1. SCHWINN 270 RECUMBENT BIKE
[amazon box="B01MS7EWR9" ]
The Schwinn 270 is one of the top sellers of recumbent bikes on the market. It is adjustable for a variety of exercises and workouts and offers a range of different resistance variants.
- It is an exercise bike in a reclined arrangement
- The recumbent bike comes with 29 already programmed workouts which include 2 tests for fitness and different types of exercises
- The product comes in 4 different user setups or profiles that are suitable for usage in homes
- It has a flywheel weighing 17 lbs
- It priced at approximately 400 dollars
- The bike has 2 display screens that help monitoring accomplishment in goals
- It offers 25 different resistance levels
- It has a weight capacity of 300 lbs
2. EXERPEUTIC WORKFIT 1000 DESK STATION FOLDING SEMI-RECUMBENT EXERCISE BIKE
[amazon box="B01F8W8PK6" ]
Manufactured by one of the best fitness equipment companies in the industry, this semi-recumbent exercise bike is dual purpose in nature.
- This bike offers its customers 8 different resistance levels that are magnetic in working
- The driving system comprises of the less noisy belt that is known for its smoothness
- The bike has a semi-recumbent designed structure
- The sitting place is well cushioned with back support and soft padding
- Foam is also added to the armrests and the working can be adjusted according to requirements
- Sensor-based pulse system is installed
- It has already established display screen that helps in tracking various measurements like distance, time, calories burnt and pulse rate
- Convenience for the user is enhanced by the addition of drawers for storing necessities and cup holder for drinks
- The foldable structure is easy to store
- Has a large frame suitable for tall people with height up to 6 feet and 3 inches
- The weighing capacity of the bike is 300 lbs.
3. EXERPEUTIC 900XL EXTENDED CAPACITY RECUMBENT BIKE
[amazon box="B005OU4E1M" ]
This stationary recumbent exercise bike that is ideal for use in different cardiovascular workouts and fitness sessions. With its unique design, it is known to reduce physical stress on your body while performing various types of exercises.
In the offered price range this bike is better than many other expensive models. However it can not get programmed for customized workouts. Some key features along with pros and cons are described below:
- It offers 8 different resistance levels through its advanced magnetic tension controlling systems.
- The LCD screen or display is large and helps in tracking various fitness statistics like time, speed, distance covered, pulse rate, heartbeat, and calories burnt
- The bike weighs around 63 pounds and has the weighing capacity to hold 300 lbs
- It is coupled with a 3 years warranty
- The bike can be purchased at approximately 160 dollars
- The frame of the bike is light weighted but strong and sturdy
- The seat is padded with a comfortable back support
- It has a handgrip heart rate sensor
4. EXERPEUTIC 400XL FOLDING RECUMBENT BIKE
[amazon box="B004O6TXVS" ]
One of the leading brands in the less expensive category of recumbent bikes, Exerpeutic is known for its convenient and light exercise machines. The 400XL foldable recumbent bike is a popular product of this manufacturer on the market. Let us look at some of the key features that make it stand out from the competition:
- Like other similar models of recumbent bikes on the market, it offers 8 resistance levels through a magnetic tension system
- It has a large display screen
- The hand pulse sensors are attached for gauging various statistics
- It has a double drive transmission system with a v belt
- The bike has a big cushioned seat that can be adjusted according to the height from the back support
- The bike is lightweight (39 lbs) and can be folded easily for storage
- It is suitable for users having height range between 5 feet 2 inches to 6 feet 2 inches
- Maximum weight capacity of the bike is 300 lbs
- It can be bought at a price of approximately 145 dollars
5. MARCY RECUMBENT EXERCISE BIKE
[amazon box="B002KV1MJU" ]
If you are searching for a good exercise bike to reduce your extra weight and have a tight budget, then this low-cost fitness equipment is the answer to your needs. It is smaller in size but offers all the same types of cardiovascular workouts conveniently and compactly. Some of the key features are given below.
- The bike offers 8 different resistance levels that can be used for various workout requirements
- The resistance levels can be easily adjusted by knobs that tighten the creating tension system
- The bike has a built-in LCD that is large enough for visual clarity
- LCD allows tracking of various measurements like distance, speed, and calories burnt e.t.c.
- The bike comes with foot straps that can be adjusted according to user requirements
- Counter balanced pedals for better drive
- The product comes with a 2 years warranty
- The bike has transportation wheels useful in moving it around
- It is lightweight with a total weight of 66 lbs
- It has a weight capacity of 300 lbs
- It has a large seat with comfortable back support
Types of Exercises Bikes On The Market
Exercise bikes are one of the most commonly used and favorite pieces of equipment in gyms and fitness centers all around the world. With some benefits these bikes can be found in three different types:
1. The Upright exercise bikes
2. Recumbent Exercise Bikes
3. Spin Exercise bikes
Selecting which type of bike to choose for your gym or workout routine can be a tough decision. Based on the advice of a large number of experts and trainers, the recumbent exercise bike is the best among the three.
Reasons For Selecting Recumbent Bikes
A few reasons why you should opt for this type of a bike are discussed below:
Find Out Your Requirements And Needs First
Things that should be considered before making the purchase decision of a recumbent bike for exercise include the following factors:
Things to look for in a product
Once you have gone through the considerations mentioned above, you should scan the market for the products that are available for your needs and requirements. With a large number of designs and brands, you can compare the products based on the following features and characteristics:
Selection of the best recumbent bike can be a solution to many workout problems and requirements. You need to look for functionality as well as the flexibility of the equipment while making the purchase.
Warranties should not be ignored:
Warranties are important when buying costly fitness equipment. They are a means of safeguarding the interests of the consumer in case the product gets damaged or malfunctions. Warranties also save you from unnecessary losses which may be financial as well as non-financial. When buying a recumbent bike, the warranties that you should look for are:
- Frame or structure
- Electronic devices (if any)
Important Workout Features to look out for
A good and effective recumbent exercise bike will be able to provide many adjustable features. Some important points to look for while making a buying decision should include:
- Fat Burning capabilities of the product
- Check if the product can be used or adjusted for various hill climbing levels
- See if the bike allows you to maneuver between multiple levels of exertion within a single workout session
- Look out for ways the adjustments can be made in speeds, inclinations and distance settings of the bike
- Ensure the product is durable, sturdy and robust to withstand heavy duty workouts for long periods of time.
These were some valuable guidelines that one should keep in mind while selecting an recumbent exercise bike. For those who are planning to buy this equipment shortly, a list of some great products on the market along with their best features and pros, cons are provided in the next section.
These were some of the best available recumbent bikes for home users. The selection of the best option for your purchase will depend on various factors like workout needs, budget available, storage and workout space and technical preferences.
If you are looking for something in a low-cost range with effective results and higher comfort levels, then the Exerpeutic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike is the best option for you. It is suitable for newcomers and can be easy to store in smaller spaces.
But for those who are interested in the dual purpose recumbent bikes, the Esxerpeutic workfit 1000 desk station folding semi-recumbent exercise bike is a better option. Hope you liked all of the recumbent bike reviews.
Summary video for this article:
source: Wiry Body