Abs or abdominal muscles are a vital area of concern for most fitness conscious people. Working out these muscles with the help of specialized ab toning equipment is essential for proper required outcomes of different abdominal exercises. However, selection of the best ab machine is not that easy. Let’s look at some of the ab machine reviews for more information.
Table of content
Why do you need an ab machine?
Many people think that in order to tone your abs and give your abdominal area a good work out you do not need any piece of fitness equipment. However, according to experts in the fitness field, this concept is wrong.
Working out your abdominal muscles without any machine or supporting equipment can be harmful in the long run. As a new performer of this exercise category, you might strain your neck muscles or hurt your back if the exercises are performed in the wrong manner.
Doing ab exercises in this way also lacks the ability to increase the workout pressure as your muscles become stronger over time. It starts to become less challenging for the performer. Hence the need for a good ab machine cannot be ruled out of your workout regime.
Which is the best ab machine?
If you are looking to perform some exercises for making your stomach flatter or toning down those hard abdominal muscles, then an ab machine is a must. But which machine is best among all the different equipment present in the gym is a tricky question. The various machines used in working out the abs are:
These are only some of the ways that you can work out your ab muscles. But now the question is which equipment or ab machine is best suited for home use?
According to experts the best options for toning your abs at home is with the help of ab wheels and sit up benches. Both are good for a number of ab exercises and suitable for beginners as well as advanced trainers. Let us now look at the basics of these two ab machines.
These days ab wheels are considered to be one most important and essential gym equipment in your fitness training. If you want to add some basic equipment in your home gym, then this is a must have. Utilization of this small machine will ensure your abs are flat and in their best shape in a fast and effective manner. It helps in maintaining your shape and toning the extra bulges around the waist.
What muscles are ab wheels best for?
Having been around for decades, ab wheels come in different sizes and brands, but the basic structure remains the same. If utilized in the appropriate way, ab wheels not only help workout core abdominal muscles but also the following muscles are affected by it:
WHAT EXERCISES CAN BE PERFORMED BY AN AB WHEEL?
There a number of exercises that can be performed by using a good ab wheel. Some of them include the following:
These are some exercises that you can perform using the ab wheels. With various combinations and variations you can enhance these numbers as well.
Sit Up Bench
Sit up benches are one of the most popular and commonly used exercise equipment for working out the abdominal muscles. It is a simple yet very effective way of toning the core ab region. You can perform several different exercises on this equipment and get very effective results in a lesser time period.
The modern sit up benches offer adjustable boards that can be inclined and declined to various positions and exercising angles. This also enables bringing variations in the resistance levels to make workouts more challenging as time proceeds.
What should a buyer consider when opting for a sit up bench or ab wheel for his or her gym?
There are several factors that you must consider while buying the best ab machine for your home or professional gym. Some of them are:
These were important factors that you must consider while you are out shopping for your best ab machine. Some good options for your needs and requirements are provided in these ab machine reviews.
5 Best Ab Machines - Top picks and reviews
1. Valeo ab wheel with easy grip handles and non-skid wheels
- Two non-skid wheels for added stability
- Easy-grip handles to prevent slippage
The valeo ab wheel is one of the best market options for an ab workout at home or at a professional gym. It is durable, high quality and has a number features to support the ab work outs. It can be used by getting on your four limbs and moving to and fro with the wheel. It helps workout all body muscles. Some of its key features are described below.
- It has two wheels joined in the middle
- It comes with a non-skidding and slipping wheel that provides the extra stability needed for different workout and exercises
- It has easier but firm gripping handles that avoids slipping during workouts
- It is a compact and lightweight
2. Elite ab wheel roller - dual wheels
- NO WOBBLY ROLLOUTS WITH OUR ABS ROLLER, you will find the double...
- SMOOTH ROLLING ABS WORKOUT EQUIPMENT THAT WILL LAST A LIFETIME,...
One of the best options for ab wheels on the market; it is brought to you by Elite sports a well-known manufacturer of the industry. It is a dual wheel ab exercise machine it allows body workouts for those looking for convenience, fast results and good price bargain.
- It comes with two wheels for better support of weight
- The handles of the ab wheel are non-slipping for firm grip and comfort
- Ergonomically designed handles
- No need to assemble as it is already ready to use
- Lifetime warranty that allows replacing the parts if damaged
3. Perfect fitness ab carver pro
- Ultra-wide ab roller with built-in resistance and ergonomic...
- Interior kinetic engine uses a carbon steel spring to provide...
If you want a machine for carving your core and abdominal muscles then the perfect fitness ab carver pro is what you need. It helps in toning those arms and ripping those abs into the perfect shape through its kinetically powered engine. Some of its key features and pros and cons are describe below for interested potential customers:
- It has a large and widely designed rolling wheel
- The handles are designed for firm grip and ergonomic comfort of the user
- The rollers provide resistance for more challenging workouts. This resistance is provided through built in kinetically empowered engine that comes with carbon steel springs. This helps in amplification of the exercises
- Handles of the ab carver pro can be removed when you need to store it or move it from one place to another
- The product comes with additional knee pads that have foamy cushion support for enhanced comfort of the user
- You are guarded by a one year warranty on manufacturing
- Users can download the 21 day workout from their online portal and make effective use
4. Stamina pro ab/hyper bench
- Thickly padded bench with durable stitched vinyl upholstery.
- Adjustable thigh support covered with durable stitched vinyl...
The second most powerful and useful machine for working out your abs and upper body muscles is the sit up bench. Available in various models, the stamina pro ab/hyper bench is a good option for various types of trainers. Some of its key features are provided below for a further analysis of choices:
- The bed of the bench is cushioned with a thick padding for comfort and support
- Supporting space is provided for the thighs which can be adjusted according to various user needs
- The frame of structure of the bench is made from high quality and heavy duty steel that is 2 inches in thickness making it quite strong
- The handles have necessary extension to provide firm hand grip
- For more challenging exercises, the legs can be held using the rollers lined with foamed material. It also allows holding the feet comfortably while users reach out for crunches
- The foot rest is ergonomic and does not allows slipping
- The frame is held in place with rubber foots or caps that not only provide firm position support to the machine but also helps in protecting the floors against scratches
- The various parts of the machine can be adjusted according to needs and various heights of the users
- Weight capacity of 250 lbs
5. Xmark 12 position ergonomic adjustable decline ab bench xm-441
- Adjustable ab bench with twelve vertical height adjustments
- Ergonomically positioned leg rollers to reduce back strain
One of the best products in the sit up bench category, the Xmark is ideal because of its adjustable characteristics and ergonomic design. It can be used for a variety of exercises by both beginners and professionals. Below are some of its key features and their pros and cons.
- It is an adjustable sit up bench that can be adjusted into 12 different positions for a variety of workout needs and requirements
- The product comes with effective leg rollers to add comfort and be less strenuous on the back
- The bench has supporting handles on either side for helping in mounting and dismounting
- The frame or structure of the machine has been built with high quality 14 gauge steel
- The frame has a protective coat for smooth look
- The bed of the bench is padded with 2 and half inch cushion for comfortable support
- Has a weight capacity of 350 lbs
So, this was a lineup of the best ab machines for your work out needs. Depending on your needs and requirements, you can choose the best ab machine suitable for yourself. You can find some good options from these ab machine reviews.
For the people who do not intend to be a professional athlete and want something less space consuming and easy to manage around, the AB wheel is a better option. However, for the real fitness conscious users who are looking for a professional composite form of machine to fulfill a number of exercise needs, the sit up bench is much more suitable.
Source: Wiry Body